A menstrual cycle of a woman is the stage where there blood and tissues are discharged from the vagina and this takes place every month. There are various problems associated with the menstrual cycle and these differ from person to person. Some of the common problems are amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea and menorrhea.
This is a menstrual problem where there is an absence of menstrual cycle while a woman is in the reproductive stages. This can happen either temporarily or permanently. There are primary and secondary amenorrhea of which the former one has never seen the beginning of the menstrual periods and the latter is where is absence of the cycle for consecutive three to six months. It is due to the changing levels of hormones secreted by the ovaries that this problem occurs.
This is the medical term for the menstrual cramps. There is usually a pain in the pelvic and abdominal region during menstruation. The intensity of the pain may range from mild to severe. The primary dysmenorrhea is the condition where the menstrual cramps begin during the early menstruation or the menarche. When there is the menstrual pain often during the menstrual cycle, it is called secondary dysmenorrhea and this condition develops during the later stages. The contraction in the uterus in response to the prostaglandins is responsible for the menstrual cramps.
Also called menorrhagia, is the profuse and prolonged menstrual period. This is usually caused due to the abnormal clotting of blood and a disruption of hormonal regulation of periods. They may be mostly painful but there are also enough methods of dealing with this problem.
Remedies for menstrual problems
Here are a few health tips for women to deal with the menstrual problems.
- To treat menorrhea, the lady’s mantle herb can do the needful. The astringent effect deals with the heavy menstrual flow by acting on the uterus muscle and on the vascular walls.
- For the menstrual cramps, one of the best treatments is to take half a teaspoon of sesame seeds powder with water twice everyday.
- You can stop heavy bleeding during the menstruation cycle by eating cooked banana flower with curd.
- Coriander seeds are also known for the treatment of excessive menstrual bleeding. All you need to do is boil a few grams of seeds in half a liter of water until the water becomes half. Now drink the water to find relief from the heavy bleeding.
- It is also recommended that you take a glass of milk with half a teaspoon of cinnamon for relief from menstrual cramps.
- Even diet plays an important role in treating menstrual problems. It is a must that you avoid fatty and unhealthy foods to overcome the problems related to the menstruation cycle.
- Include healthy foods like fruits and vegetables so that you derive the necessary nutrients for the body.
- Visit a gynecologist once you find there is trouble with your menstrual cycle. Speak out your problems to the doctor so that right remedial advice can be given.
- Parsley is another plant that has great healing effects especially in dealing with heavy blood flow, irregular menstruation, etc.