South Beach Diet Dinner Plans
Just because you’re living the low carb diet lifestyle doesn’t mean low carb diet dinner is out of the question. There are available many south beach diet dinner recipes and what could be better than to end your day with one of the tasty south beach diet dinner. Some of the good south beach diet dinner recipes are:
South Beach Diet Dinner Recipe 1
[singlepic id=77 w=320 h=240 float=right]Chicken a l’Apricot
- 1 1/4 tablespoons sugar free apricot preserves
- pinch grated lime rind
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Combine the apricot preserves, lime rind, lime juice, and the fresh ginger in a small bowl.
- Bring grill up to medium heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and brush with half the marmalade mixture. Close the lid on the grill and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip chicken and apply remaining marmalade, recover, and cook for an additional 6 minutes, or until done.
South Beach Diet Dinner Recipe 2
Easy Chicken in Wine Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper, then add to the skillet and cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter. Saute the tomatoes in the skillet until tender. Place the tomatoes over the chicken and cover with the pan drippings.
South Beach Diet Dinner Recipe 3
Gingered Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine the lemon juice, ginger, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Place the chicken breasts in a deep bowl. Pour the ginger mixture over the breasts, turning once to coat both sides. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet on medium-high until hot. Add the chicken. Cook, turning once, until tender, about 8 minutes.
South Beach Diet Dinner Recipe 4
Roast Turkey with Herbs
- 1 (12 pound) turkey, brined overnight
- 1 dried ancho pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 large, fresh sage leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 large shallots
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, whole
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove turkey from brine and pat dry inside and out. Tie together celery, fresh sage, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf into a bundle and place inside body cavity along with ancho pepper and shallots. Mix ground cumin, pepper, dried thyme, dried sage, and salt with olive oil.
- Carefully loosen turkey’s skin without tearing from the breast and legs, and massage oil and spice mixture all over and under the skin. Tie the end of the drumsticks together over the body opening and tuck the wingtips underneath. Place on roasting rack in large roasting pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to roast for another 2 to 2 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes until an instant-read thermometer stuck into the thickest part of the thigh registers 170 degrees F. Remove from oven and let turkey rest on serving platter while you continue with making the gravy. Discard the contents of the turkey cavity except for the shallots. Pour off all the liquid and solids from the roasting pan into a saucepan to make gravy.