Foot Spa Home Remedy
Our feet are probably the most abused parts of our body. They carry our weight as we hurry from one task to another in the course of our daily lives. We force them into fashionable but pinching shoes with ridiculous toes, tight straps or high heels. At the end of the day, it is a sure thing that the parts of us that will be hurting the most are our feet.
[singlepic id=30 w=320 h=240 float=right]The feet, therefore, deserve a good pampering every now and then. But unlike what you are probably thinking right now, you do not have to shell out a fortune just to go to a spa and get top-of-the-line primping for your feet.
You can do it from the comfort of your home and still get the same results.
You do not have to buy expensive foot spa products either.
So, how is the do-it-yourself foot spa done? Here it is, step-by-step:
Soak up. Fill up your bathtub or a small basin with hot water, hot enough for your skin to tolerate. Put in some bath salts, your bubble bath or soap. Then, put your feet in and relax. Let your feet soak for ten to fifteen minutes.
Scrub off. When the skin of your feet has become soft from the warm, soapy water, scrub the dead skin and the calluses off with a pumice stone. Take your time and try not to be too rough in rubbing the extra skin away.
Clip it. After ridding the feet of the dead skin, work on the toenails. Cut your toenails with a nail clipper. After clipping the extra length off, file them to give them shape, and then buff them. Do not cut your toenails too short, or else you will end up with painful ingrown nails.
Moisturize. The next step would be to apply a good amount of lotion, moisturizer or foot cream on the feet to keep the skin soft.
For some added pampering, you can coat your toenails with nail polish. Some women can do without them, but most will not be caught dead without them. For those of you who belong to the latter category, here is the right way to do your pedicure.
- If you have it, use a toenail separator. If not, rolling a piece of tissue and placing them between your toes is good enough. The idea is to keep the nail polish from smudging while you are putting them on your nails.
- To prevent the natural color of your toenails from turning to yellow, apply a base coat onto each one.
- Pick out a polish color that complements the color of your skin nicely. Brush it on with smooth strokes away from your foot so as to keep air bubbles from forming on the polish. If you want a richer and darker color, apply a second coating.
- Finish the paint job with a clear top coat to make your nails dry faster. This will also protect the polish of your toenails from chipping and breaking as you run your way through your day.
- Take your time to let the nail polish dry.
- The feet are the most worn-out parts of our body. Pamper them a lot and your feet will love you.
- foot spa procedure
- home foot spa procedure
- home remedy foot spa
- foot spa remedy
- home remedy for foot spa
- easy home remedy for foot spa
- foot spa home remedy
- foot spa home treatment
- home foot spa treatment