101 Natural Hair Care Tips
The way our hair looks and feels is such an important matter to us “women”. It is the frame of our faces. Therefore, one of the first things people notice when they see us. So it is only natural that we all want to have it looking and feeling the best way possible. However, if you want to have radiant, shiny hair there is one thing you must understand whether it is straight, wavy, curly or coarse: In order to have healthy hair we must take proper care of it. This takes extra effort but, the results are more than worth it. Below I have added some tips that guarantee to give hair a healthy sheen and maintain it (for any hair type).
- Chemicals like hair relaxers and color can really damage the structure of your hair. However, I do not believe that women will stop using them and we don’t have to as long as we maintain their use to a minimal and take care of it properly.
- Deep condition it every week or at least every two weeks. How can you do this? Shampoo hair as usual, rinse off, apply your favorite conditioner, cover hair with a plastic cap and get under a bonnet or hard hat hair dryer. Stay there anywhere from 10-20 minutes. If you don’t have a bonnet dryer you might want to use the blower to heat over the plastic cap and last rinse conditioner off.
- Whether you do your hair at home or at the salon you should start setting or doing rollers rather than drying it up with the blower or other hot appliances (bonnet dryer heat is less damaging). Hair rollers will leave it with more body but, if you want a sleeker look you may want to use the blow dryer afterwards, just to get the look you want. Your hair will look nice while maintaining the use of hot appliances to a minimal amount of time. Note: heat rollers should also be avoided.
- Do not wash hair daily. Wait for at least four to seven days before your next wash. Washing your hair too often strips away its natural oils.
- Use leave in hair treatments.
- Use hair products that help protect it from the sun. The label should say UVA & UVB Protection or SPF.
- Sleep with a satin or silk pillow case. You can find them in your local beauty shop or department store for a few dollars.
- Eat properly and take multi vitamins to ensure you are getting all the required nutrients for your body in general and hair.
About the Author:
Kenia Morales is the publisher of online magazine http://kpatra.com “For Every Aspect of Today’s Woman. Visit her site to find a variety of women related issues and topics” click here http://www.kpatra.com/keniascolumn.htm to find Kenia’s little piece of heaven her inspirational column